· Participates in the development of policies, procedures and processes of the department.
· Understands the annual operating and capital budgets for staffing, supplies and equipment. Ensures that expenditures are managed in the department so that actual expenses in the department are within budget.
- Participate in the monitoring, review and analyse of department activity, workload, revenue and expense.
- Monitors community needs and provides significant input into EMS system and disaster planning.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff to fulfill the mission of the hospital to meet the strategic goals of the department
- Assesses performance development and attendance management for the team to ensure efficient job execution
- Communicates expectations of staff responsibilities within the department and ensures that established goals are met
- Determines day to day staffing levels, to reflect the needs of the department and leads the hiring process through to completion
- Recruitment of Nursing and Support Staff in collaboration with the Director
Patient Safety, Quality, Risk
· Monitors patient care activity, patient complaints and conducts investigations in a timely manner.
· Acquires an understanding of laws pertaining to emergency medicine (crime, STD, coroners cases, substance abuse, minors and child abuse)
· Manages day to day patient flow and operations of the department, patient care activities, scheduling of staff, complaints/incident-conduct investigations, staff performance, and patient flow.
- Undergraduate degree - BScN
- RN in good standing with the CNO
- Computer skills
- Fully bilingual
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role
|Your application has been successfully submitted.|